Saturday, June 19, 2010

Have you met my new passion?

Some morning, very early, if you drive through my neighborhood you might get a glimpse of me.


A friend suggested that one of my least favorite forms of exercise might be just the thing for me. How do I lose weight? How do I build tone but not bulk up, especially when bulking up is my body's natural response? Running! Wait..whaa...what?! So I have started running. Do you know how hard it is to drag yourself out of bed a full hour earlier than necessary...to RUN?! It's hard, but I did it. Now, two months later I am enjoying the routine of getting up extra early and starting my day out right!
I started out just a bit too eager though. Running too fast, too far, too soon = shin splints. Those don't just go away easily. So now I am on "active rest" and walking every morning instead. I am also finishing up the second half of the p90x workout. I am so excited to get back into running! See, that right there...is a complete 180 of my stand on running at any other point in my life. My kids are so in awe that I wake up super early (and if it's super early to them, then wow is it early!) to exercise and take care of my body. This is at least half the reason why I am doing this. My kids will fight the genetic battle of the bulge, and I want to help them start out healthy and with healthy habits. I want them to see me making that effort and enjoying it. If I end up losing 30 pounds and looking fabulous in my jeans, that is just a consequence I will have to endure. ;o)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! We would love to hear from you and hope to get back at ya pretty soon.